I will share my list of tools and how to setup on Windows 7. This page is under constant change and reformatting.
Windows environment variable editor Rapid Environment Editor portable
Windows uninstaller Revo Uninstaller Portable
Free Download Manager
I used this blog to download fonts.
Text Editor – Notepad++, Atom, Sublime
CSV Editor – CSVed
XML Editor – XMLSpy (paid)
It enables Linux command line (shell or bash) on Windows. Very convenient if whole ETL platform, such as Informatica, Oracle DB is deployed on Linux, but developer machines are running Windows.
Packages I have installed:
- lynx – a text-based web browser.
- wget – downloads files form web which supports http, https and ftp protocols.
- curl – a tool to transfer data from or to a server. It is designed to work without user interaction.
- rsync – handy tool for synchronizing stuff from one place to another (especially over the internet)
- python3 – an interpreted programming language. I like to write shell scripts with it.
- python3-setuptools – people use this when distributing their python stuff.
- bzip2, tar, gzip
- bash-completion – auto-complete for bash
- vim, vim-common
- tmux – a terminal multiplexer, allowing a user to access multiple separate terminal sessions inside a single terminal window or remote terminal session.
- git – a distributed version control tool.
- diffutils – is a package of several programs related to finding differences between files.
- openssh – SSH client.
- ca-certificates – allows your Cygwin environment to validate SSL certificates. Needed for git as well.
- dos2unix – allows convert text files from windows EOL to linux and many other things.
- chere – open Cygwin command prompt at any specific folder. Details Open Cygwin at a specific folder
Command line call to install predefined packages from the list above:
setup-x86.exe --no-desktop --download --local-package-dir="C:\cygwin" --packages="lynx,wget,curl,rsync,python3,python3-setuptools,bzip2,tar,gzip,bash-completion,vim,vim-common,tmux,git,diffutils,openssh,ca-certificates,dos2unix,chere"
Other useful links about Cygwin:
- Install Cygwin and set new default home
- Cygwin setup
- How to install Console2 for tab based console windows.
- Set custom title for cygwin window
Copying and sharing paths to files in local folders and network drives – Path Copy Copy
Allows copying Unix path format in Windows.
Informatica Power Center Client Tools
Categories list I changed font:
- Expression editor – Consolas
- SQL Editor – Consolas
- All output windows – ProFont for Windows