Below are my summary of PowerShell topic, which I use for learning it.
Free Books to Read Online
The books from Manning you can read online for free. If needed, create a free account.
- PowerShell in Depth, first edition, PowerShell 3 Manning, 2013
- PowerShell in Depth, second edition, PowerShell 4, Manning, 2014
- PowerShell Deep Dives, PowerShell 3, Manning, 2013
- Manning | Exploring PowerShell Automation, PowerShell 5, Manning, 2016
- Root page for PowerShell documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/?view=powershell-7.1
- Getting started guide https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/scripting/overview?view=powershell-7.1
Online Courses I’ve Watched
- Learning Path: Powershell: Getting Started with Powershell 6 (Udemy.com)
- Advanced Scripting & Tool Making using Windows PowerShell (Udemy.com)
Books I’ve Read
The problem with books, that if you want to learn PS from the beginning and to advance level, the books are quite old.
- PowerShell for Sysadmins, PowerShell 5.1, No Starch, 2020
- Windows PowerShell Cookbook, 3rd Edition (Windows PowerShell Cookbook, 4th Edition will be released soon), PowerShell 3.0, O’Reilly, 2013
- PowerShell in Depth, Second Edition, PowerShell 3.0, Manning, 2013
- PowerShell Core 6.2 Cookbook, PowerShell 6.2, Pact, 2019
- Learn PowerShell Core 6.0, PowerShell 6.0, Pact, 2018
- Windows PowerShell Pocket Reference, PowerShell 3, O’Reilly, 2012